Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Who Knew?

Oh yes, this is my girl!  I love this kid to bits and all of her silly quirks...like this one...this is her "I'm smiling for the camera" pose.  Riiiiiigggghhhhhtt...My girl marches to the beat of her own drum.  Yeah, she has one, she wears it around her neck and marches around the house.  To her own beat. 
This beating drum she beats all on her own can make me nuts!  This child has the capability to stare into your eyes, repeat what you have asked her to do, and in the split second that she takes her eyes away from yours and turns to walk away, it's gone.  Completely vanished as if you have never said the words!  Sometimes the drum beat is cute - as in dance class...class goes left, my girl goes right.  Adorable!  Other times, like the days where there is homework that involves focus (as in Monday through Thursday!), that drum beat is really not so cute.  We've been playing around a bit with letting my girl choose her own clothes.  Woah Nellie!  That drum beats wild!
We got the book order from school today that we put in over a month ago!   I forgot we ordered books!  There was a book we chose to read tonight, and it's really the whole reason I felt the need to introduce you to my girl.  This book just yells to me "THIS IS YOUR GIRL !  EMBRACE HER!"

Tonight we read Woolbur by Leslie Kelakoski
Woolbur is NOT a follower by any stretch of the imagination.  This little guy does things his way.  And, I won't spoil the end, I'll just say I hope my girl can adopt some of Woolbur's thinking!  (I know, rules are meant to be followed, I do. Read the book.  You'll see what I mean!)

That drum also beats with some seriously mushy compassion too.  That's my favorite beat.  My girls heartbeat matches her drum beat.  She lives in the now.  There is no past, no grudge to hold, there is no future to worry about.  There is only now.  Now to make you smile, now to make you nuts, now to have fun!  I love you, my girl!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet post! She looks close in age to my girls, maybe? I have a 7 year old and a 6 year old.
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss, Alli! This is so cool. Glad to see you back in the bloggy world, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little girl is beautiful. I have chosen you to receive a blogger award! Check out this post for more details.
    http://christyscouponcorner.blogspot.com/2010/05/me-award.html

    ReplyDelete